Typically groups meet once a week, share a meal, enjoy conversation, pray, and study the Bible. The small size of a group allows everyone to build deeper relationships than they can on a Sunday morning. It also allows questions to be discussed on a personal level. We would like to see everyone involved in a community group at Pillar Jax because we know time with one another is encouraging, challenges our faith, and strengthens the church to better serve and glorify Jesus.
Below are the active Community Groups and contacts for each group. People typically choose the one closest to where they live or the day of the week that works best for them. Each group has a plan for children that is usually very informal. Please contact the leader or host for the address to the group, schedule, and any other details you may need.
- Where: Northwoods Neighborhood in Jacksonville
- When: Most Sundays 5:00-7:30pm
- What: Dinner and Bible Study working through John.
- Leader: Brian O’Day (email@example.com)
- Hosts: Brian and Kelli O’Day (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Where: Off of Huff Drive in Jacksonville
- When: Most Thursday evenings 6:30-8:00pm
- What: Dessert and Book Study on Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis.
- Leader: Jonathan Davis (Jonathan@pillarchurchsbc.com)
- Hosts: Shane and Katie Martin (email@example.com)
- Where: Family Housing on Camp Lejeune
- When: TBD
- What: Dinner and Bible Study generally staying with the preaching (Genesis)
- Leader: Tim Knapp (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Hosts: Tim and Alyssa Knapp
New River Air Station
- Where: Family Housing on New River Air Station
- When: Most Sunday Evenings
- What: Dinner and Bible Study
- Leader: Steven Whitfield (email@example.com)
- Hosts: Steven and Amy Whitfield (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Where: Hubert
- When: Sunday Evenings
- What: Dinner and Bible Study on Romans
- Leader: Jeff Hill (email@example.com)
- Hosts: Tyler and Taylor Hood (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Where: Sneads Ferry
- When: TBD
- What: Dinner and Bible Study on Daniel (only the first half)
- Leader: Paul Bailey (email@example.com)